With the advances made in international civil aviation in recent years, air travel continues to be the preferred and most reliable mode of transportation for connecting persons across the world.
The ECCAA as the civil aviation regulatory authority for the OECS region engenders this year’s International Civil Aviation Day theme through its core mandate to provide safe and secure skies in the OECS Member States through the following activities.
- Technical support of CNS and security screening equipment;
- Ensuring compliance in civil aviation safety and security through audits, inspections, surveys and tests;
- Issuance of safety circulars;
- Flight inspections and verification of navigation, surveillance and visual aids;
- Ensuring adherence to civil aviation legislation and regulations;
- Relationship with ICAO and other international civil aviation authorities and agencies;
- Accident and incident investigations;
- Sourcing and facilitation of aviation related training;
- Provision of civil aviation technical advice to OECS Member States;
- Personnel licensing: pilots, aeronautical engineers, air traffic controllers and others;
- Certification - airports, aircraft, air operators, aircraft maintenance organizations aeronautical engineers and ancillary services;
- As we commemorate another ECCAA anniversary and another International Civil Aviation Day, we take this opportunity to express our appreciation to all civil aviation entities in the sub-region - service providers, the personnel involved in the various air transport related activities for their collaborative efforts in ensuring safety and security in operations and to the travelling public and other beneficiaries of air transportation, for their support and adherence to the rules all of which contributed to the maintenance and enhancement of safe, secure and comfortable air travel in the region.
International Civil Aviation Organization