World Energy Outlook 2011To be released 9 November 2011
- Russia's energy prospects and their implications for global markets.
- The role of coal in driving economic growth in an emissions-constrained world.
- The implications of a possible delay in oil and gas sector investment in the Middle East and North Africa.
- How high-carbon infrastructure “lock-in” is making the 2°C climate change goal more challenging and expensive to meet.
- The scale of fossil fuel subsidies and support for renewable energy and their impact on energy, economic and environmental trends.
- A “Low Nuclear Case” to investigate what a rapid slowdown in the use of nuclear power would mean for the global energy landscape.
- The scale and type of investment needed to provide modern energy to the billions of the world’s poor that do not have it.