2014 Theme: The World Needs More…
Tema 2014: «El mundo necesita más...»
Thème 2014 : « Le monde a besoin de plus de...»
Тема Дня 2014 года: «Миру нужно больше...»
موضوع 2014: العالم يحتاج إلى مزيد …
On World Humanitarian Day, we renew our commitment to life-saving relief efforts -- and we remember all those who died serving this noble cause. Last year, more humanitarian workers were kidnapped, seriously injured or killed than ever before. This is an outrage.
In recent weeks, dozens of humanitarians -- including members of the UN family -- have lost their lives in South Sudan and Gaza. Too many people have died or suffered from deliberate attacks.
Humanitarian workers and their families are hit hardest by these crimes.
But they are also felt by millions of others.
Attacks on humanitarian workers hinder the ability of people in desperate need to receive lifesaving assistance.
Children go unvaccinated. Sick and wounded patients go untreated. Those forced from their homes are left without food, water or shelter – exposed to violence, disease or other threats.
On World Humanitarian Day, we honour the heroic aid workers who rush bravely to help people in need.
We remember their sacrifices, and we recognize the millions of people who count on humanitarian workers for their very survival.
Let us honour the fallen by protecting those who carry on their work – and supporting humanitarian relief operations worldwide.
Messengers of Humanity is a platform for global advocates to stand up for humanity by amplifying a generation’s call for a better world.
As a Messenger of Humanity, you will receive the latest advocacy campaigns from humanitarian organisations working with their call to action that you can share on your social networks and amplify the message.
for more information, read the FAQ or visit the official page.
Remember the fallen : A wreath-laying ceremony to commemorate the eleventh anniversary of the Baghdad bombing (organized by the United Nations Staff Union) will be held on Tuesday, 19 August 2014, at 09:30 a.m. EST, in the Secretariat Building South Lobby. The ceremony will be streamed live on UN Webcast.
19 Aug 2014 - Remarks by Mr. Jan Eliasson, United Nations Deputy Secretary-General during the meeting of the Security Council on the Protection of civilians in armed conflict on the occasion of World Humanitarian Day (19 August).
19 Aug 2014 - Remarks by Mr. Peter Maurer, President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (from Geneva) during the meeting of the Security Council on the Protection of civilians in armed conflict on the occasion of World Humanitarian Day (19 August).
19 Aug 2014 - Remarks by Mr. Masood Karakhail, Director and Co-Founder of the Liaison Office, during the meeting of the Security Council on the Protection of civilians in armed conflict on the occasion of World Humanitarian Day (19 August).
- World Humanitarian Day 2014 - European Commission Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection
- UN World Food Programme celebrates ‘Heroes Among Us’ On World Humanitarian Day 2014.
- Eastern and Southern Africa Humanitarian Short Film Contest “Humanitarian Action in Africa” August – October 2014- United Nations OCHA Press Releases.
- World Health Organization :"The world needs more humanitarian heroes."
- Introducing the Humanitarian Data Exchange : HDX aims to make humanitarian data easy to find and use for analysis.
- The HumanitarianResponse.info platform is provided to the humanitarian community as a means to aid in coordination of operational information and related activities.
- UNHCR staff will celebrate the World Humanitarian Day 2014.
- World Humanitarian Day 2014 : More people than ever need help.
- Aid Worker Safety & Security - ReliefWeb.
This year the UN and its humanitarian partners continue their ground-breaking campaign called The world needs more… which is the first-of-its-kind project that turns words into aid
|HUMAN SECURITY UNIT Strategic Plan 2014-2017|